I wanted to celebrate Valentine’s Day with my husband but I’m single for the 4th year. Instead of wallowing in self-pity decided Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate LOVE!!! Single people before you cancel Valentine’s Day think again!!
Here’s some things have done over the years as a single woman:
- iPhone photoshoot. Dress up in theme red and pink colors, put on make up, and wear high heels.
- Brought flowers with cute vase and balloons.
- Romantic bubble bath. Lit candles and played love music. After bath moisturized with my favorite bath and body works aromatherapy lavender chamomile sleep lotion.
- First year single spent time with my heart who loves me unconditionally. Grandma V! Ordered delicious meal and decorated table with holiday décor. Love day is about spending time with people you love!!
- Admired my body by kissing my body, sprayed perfume, and wore lingerie. Then posed in the mirror just to say baby your body is so hot and I love you.
- Reflected on when I owned femininity, self love, high esteem, and positive body image by looking at my boudoir photos and video.
- Watched love movies. Favorite love movies are love and basketball and brown sugar.
- Brought myself a gift. Have list of gifts want to buy on standby at anytime lol
- Wrote love letter to myself. Moment to honor and appreciate woman have become. Found my worth, wholeness, healed from past, and spiritually grounded. Kissed letter wearing red lipstick. Plan to save flowers and letter place in shadow box or picture frame for future walk in closet/glam room.
- Had Galentine’s day with friends and church members (did that for 2nd, 3rd, and plan to this year).
- Self – care day! Did my hair, facial, polished nails and toes! Feel my best when polished and pampered!!
- Attend Single’s event. This year plan to check off bucket list item speed dating. FYI Churches have speed dating can mix and mingle.
SINGLES STRUGGLING WITH NOT HAVING A LOVE LIFE. LET ME ENCOURAGE YOU!
- Takes a strong person to refuse to settle especially if you’re over 30. I know the pressure by society, world, family, friends, and yourself to get married because you’re not getting any younger and biological clock is ticking. Be aware of friends and family members who advise you to settle because “your standards are too high” or because your “ biological clock is ticking”. Stand strong and let them know you walk by faith and God is the author of time. You don’t depend on man or world ideologies only God who performs supernatural miracles and through him all things are possible on his timing! Age ain’t nothing but a number! Honestly, family and friends who advise you to settle are not in a personal relationship with God and probably settled for their spouse or ex spouse. Not to throw shade but be careful who you take advice from including family and friends. Keep your standards high just make sure you can match your own standards.
- Kudos to you because didn’t settle for mediocre or ordinary love when you know deep down inside you’re extraordinary and special worthy of God’s best. Takes extraordinary person to not settle for man that cheats on you. Takes extraordinary person to not settle for person who actions don’t align with their words. Takes extraordinary person to know it’s time to let go of dead- end relationship although you still love him/her.
- Newly singles who are really struggling with heartbreak. Things will get better! Your heart will heal. Don’t skip the grieving process. Know it’s okay to cry and vent. Work on mistakes you made in previous relationships. Don’t rebound date allow yourself to heal and work on yourself.
- Cheers to you for not being bitter, jealous, or hating on others who are in love and happily married because nobody got time for that. We celebrate love with joy, smiles, and hope because love is a beautiful thing. Everyone deserves to be loved properly with Gods infinite everlasting love. Remember singleness is a gift as well as marriage.
- Loneliness is something you need to deal with before marriage. If you are lonely single you will be lonely married. There is a difference between ALONE and LONELY. Be honest about your loneliness. Only Jesus can satisfy you’re longing for love, completion, and wholeness. Tap into God.
- Live your best life! Enjoy each season of your life! Create a bucket list! Do things that rejuvenate and make your soul happy. Think about all the hard work you do and find reasons to celebrate and treat yourself. Don’t wait for anyone or perfect moment. Be all you can be. Enjoy the freedom and luxury of doing what you want when you want. Now is the perfect time to do things you always dreamed of.
- Power of self – love. Learn how God loves you! Then love yourself. Must learn to love yourself first to teach people. Set standards on how people should treat you. Know you are worthy and deserving of the same love you freely give to people.
- Know you are not alone there is a tribe of singles waiting although I like to say preparing for God’s best. Some day soon will enjoy Valentine’s Day with your spouse and he/she will be worth it and you will thank God you didn’t settle.
DECLARE WITH ME: Singles Self – Love affirmation:
I celebrate love have in my life with family and friends instead of focusing on love life don’t have at this present moment. I love thy self first and love will always flow freely in my life. I am worthy of a love life so GRAND can’t fathom. We don’t embrace singleness. We enjoy singleness. Every season of my life is a gift to be fully enjoyed. I love myself soooo much will never allow self to be half loved or treated as an option. I am a priority and sure thing! I am worthy of true and authentic love. I love myself so much choose to share love with someone who appreciates me rather than looking for love to compensate for self love deficit. I am whole and complete in Christ alone.
HAPPY LOVE DAY!! HOPE YOU ARE ENCOURAGED!
XOXO Go Patty💋 😘
Sharing is caring! Click below to share on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or LinkedIn.
SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL LIST FOR NEW BLOG POSTS, GIVEAWAYS, AND MORE.
FOLLOW GO PATTY ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR ASK QUESTIONS BELOW. IF YOU HAVE PERSONAL QUESTIONS DON’T WANT TO PUBLICLY COMMENT EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org