Can’t stop overeating?
Struggle no more!!
Today is THEE day we stop going around the same mountain!
You spent hundreds of dollars on every diet there is. You may lose weight quickly but eventually gained weight back or no results! Now you’re back to square one trying the next hot thing or fad diet!
Sip on some truth tea PORTION CONTROL SUSTAINS LONG TERM WEIGHT LOSS! And for the win you don’t have to count calories, starve, skip meals, or stop eating foods you like such as ice cream, pizza, donuts, and chips because nobody got time for that! All you have to do is master portion control and 80/20 rule!
Don’t be so quick to listen and take advice from everyone! Including me!! Check the facts, do your research, consult nutritionist, and medical/primary doctor!! Always consult with your doctor before trying new diets.
Your probably thinking what do I know about overeating? Let me tell you! Hi, my name is Patty!! I’m a foodie! I have a big appetite!! I never turn down food!! They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but the same applies to me lol. I have tried different diets but nothing sustained weight loss due to my main problem “overeating”! I manage not overeating 75% of the time because love bodycon dresses and jumpsuits!! Corsets and butt lifters are annoying and uncomfortable when you like to feel free. I decided to stop playing with my dream body! This year will kiss overeating goodbye.
I started healthy lifestyle journey over 10 years ago learning, educating, and practicing. Healthy living is my passion!
Eating healthy prevents diet related diseases. I know health is wealth. I have witness the positive impact of changing your diet to get rid of health diseases and get off of medication. Did you know a poor diet is linked to 50% of US deaths? Poor diet causes obesity, stroke, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. The good news is a healthier lifestyle is in your hands if you learn portion control.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Throughout the years learned about healthy living by reading books, blogs, articles, and watching videos and documentaries. I watched documentaries on Netflix called What the Health and Forks over Knives. Watched YouTube video called breaking the stronghold of food by Dr. Michael Brown.
Certain foods are highly addictive due to ingredients that cause you to constantly crave them such as processed foods, fast foods, junk, and sweets. Read food labels to avoid addictive ingredients and know what you are eating!! If you don’t know the ingredient Google it!
IDENTIFY YOUR TRIGGERS
- Identify trigger areas that cause you to eat more. I use to be an emotional eater. Ate when happy, sad, bored, stress, celebrating, and any reason to eat lol. Changed mindset to understand food is fuel for energy to get through the day.
- Identify foods can’t get enough of and overeat every time like bread, chips, popcorn, ice cream, candy, and crackers. Take a break from eating addictive foods. Try fasting and praying to help with self control and discipline.
- Identify certain times overeat like weekends or parties. Learn strategies to stop bad habits like eat before go to parties, drink water, and/or bring your own healthy food.
Incorporated prayer as a tool to overcome overeating. Understand thorn in my flesh reminds me to depend on God for everything. Gluttony is a sin! What I don’t have control over has control over me. Because it’s deeper than overeating. Overeating is attached to obesity, obesity can cause health problems, health problems can decrease stamina and quality of life, and poor eating habits can pass on to my future kids! I’m not willing to do that! I will teach my kids healthy living!!
Realistically some days may overeat! But overtime you should be getting better with self-control. One day or one week of overeating shouldn’t continue for months or years. Don’t be hard on yourself! Repent! Continue to ask God for help! And try again!
- Pray before you eat
- Pray to overcome trigger areas
- Pray to change the way you think about food
- Decree and declare you will overcome gluttony
- Read scriptures related to gluttony than pray over them
- Write scriptures related to gluttony than pray over them
“And put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony” – Proverbs 23:2
“For drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” – Proverbs 23:21
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies” – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Ladies let me tell you what will change your life!!! Fasting!! Fasting focus is prayer, worship, reading your bible and devotionals. Great thing about fasting you gain self – control and discipline to eat healthy while strengthening your relationship with God.
I did the 21 day Daniel fast consists of being vegan including no coffee, tea, sugar, sweeteners (including stevia), junk, or sweets!! Fast was soooo amazing because several prayers were answered, supernatural dreams, and lost 10 lbs.!!!
CREATE A PLAN
Going to be honest motivation gets you started but self discipline keeps you going! Takes hard work, meal planning, renewing mind, discipline, prayer, fasting, and commitment to overcome decades of bad habits. It will take time but anything is better than not trying.
- Create a plan, write it down, and stick to it. List all the reasons you want to eat healthier! Every time want to overeat read your plan and pray over the reasons it’s NOT worth going back to old habits! You need crazy faith like Jesus when tempted by devil for 40 days! He didn’t eat for 40 days but Jesus was firm with his no and faithful to God!
- Create realistic goals with realistic time frames. Don’t focus on a certain size or weight goal. Focus on small victories, times didn’t overeat when usually would, and how great you feel. Don’t compare your body to other women especially not celebrities. Celebrities get plastic surgery, can afford private chef, best personal trainers, and photoshop pictures to appear thinner. When you think about your dream body think about yourself! Imagine what your best God given dream body will look like with consistent nutrition, exercise, and portion control.
- Find reliable accountability partner who has overcome overeating.
Practice saying no to people who force you to eat unhealthy or eat more after you told them kindly you are working on body goals. Some people want to sabotage your body goals or really don’t care so use them as practice to get better with self-control to say NO. Test yourself in situations you repeatedly fail! Put on the armor of God to resist temptation to overeat.
Constant overeating causes gradual weight gain. I use to hate sharing food rather buy your own food. But now share food because can share calories lol. Less calories equals weight loss.
If your not ready to share food buy smaller portions. If you usually buy medium ice cream at Cold stone buy a small.
DECIDE AND COMMIT TO LONGEVITY
Decide like everything else in life to finally overcome overeating. Decide that you will commit to stop overeating. Think about a time you decided would no longer do something because of negative effects! Maybe you decided to stop getting drunk, stop dating boyfriend, and/or resign from a job. Well the same applies to overeating! Just do it!
SLOW DOWN CHEW YOUR FOOD
Eat mindfully by understanding how the body works. Your stomach is the size of your fist. It takes 15 – 20 minutes for your mind to signal your body its full after you start eating. Slow down, chew thoroughly, and enjoy every bite of food. If you’re still hungry after 20 minutes drink glass of water wait additional 20 minutes if still hungry eat again but be mindful of portion control.
Drinking water helps decrease your appetite. Sometimes your not hungry your thirsty. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Be intentional about drinking water like a full time job. Helpful reminders to drink water are put water bottle in visible place or set alarm on your phone.
SPEND MONEY WHERE IT COUNTS
I’m going to save you some money that you can save, invest, spend on cute fitness clothes, and nutritious whole foods. If you pay for anything hire personal trainer. Personal trainer teaches proper technique to prevent injuries while exercising and effective exercises to tone fat and build muscles. Hire nutritionist to teach how to eat healthy, meal plans, evaluate your eating habits, and portion control techniques.
Even if you get a tummy tuck or gastric surgery to lose weight you will gain weight back if don’t learn healthy eating habits and portion control. Hire me to slap food out your hand! I need your services too boo (wink).
EAT WHOLE FOODS
Guess what? I’ll tell you a little secret the 80/20 rule. Losing weight is 80% of what you eat and 20% exercise. 80% healthy foods and 20% of whatever you want to eat. The 80/20 rule considers portion control as well at least 90% of the time. That’s right a six-pack starts in the kitchen.
- Be willing to learn healthy alternatives, meal prep, and cook your food. Choose healthier alternatives when ordering food, fast food, and going to restaurants.
- Decrease processed foods. Eat more real whole foods like beans, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits, and wheat bread to feel full and satisfied.
- Plate of food should contain ½ vegetables or fruits (half of the plate), ¼ grains or starch (size of your fist), and ¼ protein (palm of your hand)
- Handful of chips and nuts not bagful lol.
- Eat 5 – 6 small meals per day to prevent hunger. Hunger causes you to overeat.
- Eat foods high in fiber to feel fuller and improve digestive system such as broccoli, peas, black beans, lima beans, and lentils
- Eat foods high in protein to feel full and satisfied such as broccoli, greek yogurt, oats, almonds, chicken, quinoa, lean beef, and tuna
GET BACK ON TRACK WHEN FALL OFF
Dust off! Try again! Start anew! Never give up! No matter how many times you fail. Remember this blog post is 10+ years of falling off, trying again, learning more, getting inspired over and over again, and getting back on track! Remember your WHY!!
Keep an open mind! Be willing to try something new for at least 21 days. If works for you go another 21 days. Then another 21 days until it becomes your lifestyle.
It’s a lifestyle. Forget the diets. Learn portion control. Smash your body goals. Show overeating who’s boss.
HOPE YOU ARE ENCOURAGED!
Peace, Love, & Blessings!
XOXO Go Patty💋 😘
Sharing is caring! Click below to share on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or LinkedIn.
Comment below your testimonies, tips, and success stories below to encourage each other!!!
SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL LIST FOR NEW BLOG POSTS, GIVEAWAYS, AND MORE.
FOLLOW GO PATTY ON SOCIAL MEDIA!