We are emotional beings if not controlled we can easily lash out or be triggered. People may pick on you but to their surprise find out you’re not the one. Will put them in their place with quickness and grace. However, as you grow not worth responding or reacting to others shenanigans. YOU WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE when master emotional stability!! Won’t matter what people say about you, how they treat you, how they try to make you feel, or what they do.
But they tried me….(Slang for they insulted me)
Think about how many times per day you can possibly get angry, upset, or react when someone says, looks, or behaves in a way that “irritates you”, “offends you”, “rude facial expression”, and/or “abrasive tone of voice”. That’s a lot of times per day to disrupt your peace leading to a unconscious miserable life. We can’t live by impulsive and fickle emotions or react based off negative person demeanor because will become just like them!
Anger is lethal if acted on because can ruin our witness as Christians when we react negatively. As well as lead to lifelong regret. For, instance, you are bloody mad at someone and shoot them. Person dies. Now you are going to jail and have wasted your life (worst case scenario but unfortunately it happens).
“ Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil” Ephesians 4: 26 – 27 (ESV)
Negative Emotions can lead to Health Problems!!!!
Nurse Patty coming through!! Research shows people who are constantly angry, moody, irritable, and temperamental are at a higher risk for health problems. Such as high blood pressure that can lead to stroke or heart attack if not properly controlled. Negative emotions can cause weaken immune system. Ever hear the saying “A smile a day keeps the doctor away”? It’s because your emotions affect your overall health. People who are consistently happy, relax, and optimistic are less likely to experience common cold compared to people who are pessimistic, anxious, and unhappy.
Throw away those negative emotions of impatient, temperamental, angry, moody, mad, and irritable!! FOR HEALTHIER LIFE OF PEACE, FREEDOM, JOY, HAPPINESS, SELF CONTROL, AND CONTENTMENT.
God led not Emotionally led…
Christians who live by the fruits of the spirit are not controlled by their emotions. In Touch Ministries said it best “The key is to continually fill your mind with God’s words. As it shapes your emotions and dictate your actions, you’ll gain victory over sinful thoughts, attitudes, and habits”.
As I evolved into the image of Christ realized was an emotional wreck! My mood would change when aunt flow visits monthly aka menstrual cycle and how people treated me mean or nice. I easily responded to negativity because “ you can’t and won’t talk to me or treat me any kind of way or disrespect me!!!
People will push your buttons when they know what makes you mad. Every comment doesn’t require a response even when people are deliberately being mean because they don’t like you, jealous of you, or just because. Even if your not the one initiating drama don’t respond to negativity with negativity because leads to constant drama, confrontation, draining, and no peace. CHOOSE to allow God to fight your battles and defend you. Best thing is silence, prayer for Jesus to take the wheel lol, and woosah.
From experience being quiet while God fights your battles instead of reacting based off how negatively you’re being treated is the most powerful thing in the world. No longer allow people, situations, even my own feelings to get in the way of how I respond to situations. My emotions don’t rule me. Things that use to annoy me no longer faze me. When you learn how to be God led it’s an untouchable feeling of peace and victory BECAUSE you know who you use to be, how use to respond, how much you have grown, and how it use to bother you. When you feel the whole room thick with hate and jealousy because they don’t like you respond with kindness. Don’t be shaken or moved keep being you, smile, laugh, and love harder. God can use you, elevate you, will take you from glory to glory, and the next level when you master your emotions. We shouldn’t give people power over us to take us out of our element or cause us to ruin our witness of how far God has brought us! Like our forever first lady Michelle Obama said “When they go low, we go high”.
“ A hot – tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel” Proverbs 15: 18 (NIV)
How do I know if my emotions are God led?…
Simple! Read your bible. When your emotions contradict the bible cast your emotions to the Lord and ask God to help you respond Christlike. Pray God will conform your emotions to reflect Jesus Christ. Pray before you speak and react. Allow God to renew your negative emotions and change your perspective to align with his word.
Tips to become emotionally stable…
- Practice until you master it. Think about a situation would normally react emotionally. For example, road rage. Someone cuts you off. STOP! PAUSE! THINK ABOUT HOW YOU NORMALLY WOULD REACT! Take a deep breath! Relax! Relate! Release! Decide to let it go. DON’T OVERREACT! Think about the bright side no one was hurt and no car accidents. It’s not worth getting upset. The trick is to learn how to articulate anger without reacting (takes time). But ultimately how you deal with anger reveals your level of maturity.
“Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end” Proverbs 29: 11 (NIV)
2. Self -care. We have better control over our emotions when take care of self. Sometimes we are overworked, fatigue, and sleep deprived. We wake up feeling restless putting us at risk to be irritable.
- Exercise is a great way to overcome a bad day, moodiness, and anger. Kickboxing helped me release anger while learning emotional stability because punch and kick to release tension and anger. Plus, burn a lot of calories! It’s a win – win situation! Afterwards, felt better and everyone is safe lol.
- Eat nutritious meals
- Get proper sleep
- Take a break from people who are emotionally unstable because they are draining and contagious.
3. Be intentional. Live a Christlike life not just the title of Christian or Churchgoer. Seek God’s wisdom to react to problems God led not emotionally led by having a daily relationship with God. When Holy Spirit transforms us overtime it is reflected in our character. We should be changing for the better into the image of Christ. Although, have moments when flesh wins. I’m convicted by Holy Spirit to adjust my emotions to be God led. I will apologize when emotions cause me to say ungodly things.
Remember whatever controls you owns you. Take your emotions back and live your best life!!!!
HOPE YOU ARE ENCOURAGED!
Peace, Love, & Blessings!
XOXO Go Patty💋 😘
Sharing is caring! Click below to share on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or LinkedIn.
SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL LIST FOR NEW BLOG POSTS, GIVEAWAYS, AND MORE.
FOLLOW GO PATTY ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR ASK QUESTIONS BELOW. IF YOU HAVE PERSONAL QUESTIONS DON’T WANT TO PUBLICLY COMMENT EMAIL email@example.com